OnePlus made its name creating beautiful phones like the OnePlus 5T with amazing specs, sold for a fraction of the cost of other major flagships. The upcoming OnePlus 6 should continue that trend, but what will it look like? How much will it cost?
Let’s take a look at the latest rumors.
OnePlus 6: Name and release date
- It’s likely the phone will be called OnePlus 6.
- The rumors are coming in much earlier this year, suggesting the phone could drop earlier than June 2018.
OnePlus threw a bit of a curve ball when it skipped over “four” in its device naming trend. The OnePlus 3 was followed up with the OnePlus 3T, followed by the OnePlus 5. As the number four is considered unlucky in China, so the Chinese company skipped it. Going along with OnePlus’ model number trends, the OnePlus 6 will likely be given the model number A6000.
As for release date, the rumor mill is churning awfully early this year. OnePlus’ trend has been to release a new entry in the line, five months later update it with a “T” model, then release a new entry seven months after that. The OnePlus 3 came out in June 2016, and the OnePlus 3T dropped in November that same year. The OnePlus 5 came out in June 2017, and the OnePlus 5T dropped in November 2017.
In all four cases stated above, rumors didn’t start popping up online until well into the quarter, so stories popping up now could mean the OnePlus 6 might come a bit earlier than past phones. We would not be suprised if it came out in late APRIL or MAY.
OnePlus 6: Specs and features
- The OnePlus 6 should be powered by the Snapdragon 845 along with 6GB/8B RAM and 64GB/128GB (256GB??) storage.
- The device should sport a 6.2 inch FHD screen and dual camera set up.
- A questionable leak suggests the device will have a glass back for wireless charging. But we have recently seen the Mi Mix 2s with a ceramic back supporting Qi charging too.
At the end of February this year, a pair of leaked images purportedly of the OnePlus 6 featured two notable design features: a glass back and a “notch” like the iPhone X:
We are quite certain that the OnePlus 6 will retain the headphone jack just like all the previous OnePlus devices.